Welcome to Train of thoughts!!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Masterpiece in hand.




It is 7 o clock in the morning, alarm on phone buzzing loud enough to bring another new day to life from whatever the deadly, otherwise a romantic dream I was set  in, my hands involuntarily fish for buzzing phone immediately, pressing snooze button rather accurately. Finally, I open eyes with the sight being my cell phone screen from the first minute of the day, curious to know number of messages and calls I received during the sleep hours, not to mention this but from gals in particular. Sometimes a number of unread messages inject confidence in me, although I can’t reason this phenomenon rationally. However I understate the statement of cellphone defining my mood of the day by the number of messages I received. Following this up, hardly I leave the cell phone far from reach, as though it is a part of my body. I take it upstairs where I put it for charging followed by morning chores, never I understood the reason I charge my cellphone upstairs, not downstairs instead. As though my cell phone has  a vicinity for my further living, I dare not to go beyond it, I carry it quiet freakishly till date. I charge it up until it promptly says “Battery full, please remove the power socket”, I humbly unplug the phone, then slip it into my pocket, move on to the next phase of the day, fully charged as though my purpose of the day has already been half fulfilled.

Cellphone is considered a prestige issue for some, for a few like me however cell phone is still a need, whatsoever indignity I exhibit for carrying a cheaper phone amid my fellow smart phone users, I therefore still look a phone as a phone. As a means of communication in other words. A gadget that connects two, far at distance, more precisely. But evolution took place in no time, cellphone era has altered the life style of generation, in brief amounts. As I remember once playing as a kid along with my neighborhood kids, today I see kids only playing with NFS car on cellphones or least a SNAKE PARK as a part of their recreational activity. In parties we see more people on phones than in interactivity. Friendships are often made through text messages, less in person. Textual relations are what we are holding up to. We became least bothered to give away our own life, while chatting over cellphone and driving a vehicle, knowing fully it is hazardous and life-taking. We learned to navigate through the fullfledged features of a high priced phone, yet we still seem to be forgotten common sense and away from perception of highly valuable things in life.

I have nothing against cell phone, except for the matter of radiation it causes. I’m a great admirer of technology otherwise. Technology is always irreproachable.  How we, as end users use it is what matters in the end. Being brilliant beings, we cannot let technology rule the roost, which we ourselves invented for our own comfort and ease of connectivity. One press on button can reach us anywhere in the world. Considering bygone era,  I wonder how they had survived their generation without such invention. With all more pros than cons, a cell phone always stuck to our pocket would possibly stays for the time we eat, chat, sleep, walk whatever the professional or unprofessional activity we are involved in. Hatsoff to this masterpiece of invention! But in the end its our responsibility to save it not only from its theft also to hold its value upright in our society. Given its access to the world, it leaves a choice of purpose. You might call an ambulance to a save a life, or send a rumor message on a religious killings to violate social harmony. Choice will always be in our hands. Vividly speaking, choices lie in our end attitude towards the technology. Having said a little about this tiny gadget, I end this article on an informative note here. One might have used cellphone, none around seems to be aware of its inventor’s name, I'm no exclusion either . Yet since I have gone about this article I've found this person through  Google as inventor by name. Martin Cooper (born December 26, 1928 in Chicago, Illinois, USA). Thanks to this wonderful man. With all faith in Google. I now sign off !
  

No comments:

Post a Comment