Sportsmen are honorable persons in almost in every country. That’s why I perhaps formed a great liking for sports. Since childhood I had a dream of being one of the sportsmen. Never gave much of a thought to choose one though. I happened to form a great interest in sports which in turn would have been my passion today if I had given a serious attempt to one.
That’s not where it ends if we happened to have liking for something and not fulfilled the desire to accomplish it, this madness still continues and ceases to leave us with time, though it disappears in a while, still pokes us back.I fulfill most of the desires of playing sports through this fascinating and the most well known game of FOOTBALL. I often turn sporty with ambition that pushes me up for playing.
To begin with, a nearly culture of playing football has emerged in the first year of my engineering. We, ECE gamers gave a new definition to football by our own standards and norms. We teamed up into a bunch of players started off with a discovery of new game that brought it up to the basketball court of my college. I remember the day one as kicking a volleyball which was evidently in the basketball court; quite literally we never cared to study the game details, instead we loved kicking the ball as furiously as we could. Every one of us instinctively agreed upon the rules that were laid by ourselves and they became universally acceptable in our own world.
Although it is our crazy practice of playing FOOTBALL in basketball court, it is a game of its kind that fascinates us. The rules we set forth are forever convincing if football had really been invented in the size of basket ball court. Two 3-pointer lines of the court have been assigned for goal posts, also chosen to be a penalty area with our creative minds.
Much of it would seem silly and stupid. I wonder how many passersby would laugh at our game looking at us in basketball court that literally deserves a shout of laughter. But we as a team treat it as a spiritual game, fighting for the win, going on ranting upon each other for the foul play, spurting for goals, admiring our skillful moves, cheering on every goal like crazy sports pros. We surely have a thing for this game that built the energies and sportiness for all these days. No matter what silly protocols, rules, standards and codes we hooked up to, we call it FOOTBALL. Never mind the standards!
Ever since we took up the game, we learned to pick up our own place in the game and each one of us nurtured a unique style of playing that I categorized with my little observation being a part of it.
- Sahil kaul (Striker, well determined player and the initiator)
- Vinay Kumar(Well defined header specialist and a hysterical running being a weak point)
- Vivek Ranka(Flexible player, defense come striking)
- Varma nagendra (Header specialist, weak willed yet sensible goalie)
- Praneeth (Strong defender, with built-in goalie skills)
- Srinivas(Defender, strikes a fear in opposition with his built, good at holding his ground)
- Two Nithins M/K (The busiest players, often uses phone in the field, Versatility is their style of gaming)
- Shiva Kumar (A newbie in the recent times, an inquisitive learner)
- Dominic Luther (Deserves a fair-play award, consistency is his style. Spices up the game with Humor, hysterical kicking is one of his traits, crucial footballer without whom the game would be incomplete for us)
and I ( Being categorized into a striker due to lack of defending skills!)
All in all, our grouping for the game makes me feel amazing and pleasant always. Togetherness we have been carrying through since past 2 years is ever cherishing. I propose a vote of thanks to each one of the group for being with me on and off the field, also to all who had been joining into the game once in a while and making it complete!
Cheers to sportsmanship!